Sunday, July 11, 2010

Egg Rolls and such


So the other day I made some egg rolls and they were scrumptious. I have no formal training in Asian cuisine but like most things I wing it. My next feat I would like to accomplish is sushi but I need to actually do my homework on that. Ah yes but the rolls de egg, easy, amazing, sexual, delicious.

I went by no recipe because that's just boring right? I walked in my neighborhood stop and plop and guessed what might make a mouth orgasm...napa cabbage, bokchoy, a green apple, shredded carrot, shallot, bean sprouts, garlic and cole slaw mix for filler, oh an fish sauce...don't make sicky faces it makes the egg roll have its amazing addicting taste. I also picked up some sherry vinegar at William Sonoma because the sherry adds a certain umph to it. DON'T FORGET YOUR EGG ROLL WRAPPERS! That would be a travesty.

Chop you shallot, cut up your cabbage and bok and throw everything in to a pot with a little sesame oil, vinegar, 2 tbsp of fish sauce and sugar, a touch of soy sauce and let it all meld and wilt down. Crack and egg directly into the love pool and stir it in. It took me about and hour, then taste and adjust the flavor according to your preference. Let it all cool down for a little bit. Heat some oil to 350 Fahrenheit, roll up your rolls, directions are on the package. Then drop some of those puppies into the oil until golden brown and poof! Sex in your mouth....that sounds wrong...it stays.

Yup so I had nothing to go off of, I just winged it? wung it? wang it? hmmm, you get it.


OH YEA I made a quick dipping sauce out of soy sauce and honey. What ever ratio you please depending on how sweet or tangy you want.

3 comments:

  1. this will definitely be the next meal that i attempt to prepare. nice pam, you made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. right now its making me crave the vegan friendly version from noodles, spring rolls. with rice paper, rice noodles, carrots, cabbage, and mint... mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete