Thursday, April 8, 2010

And so it begins...

I'll fill you in with a little back round knowledge....
My name is Pam and I am a young chef in training, my main focus is on Pastry and Baking but my heart is in the entire kitchen. About 5 months ago, from beginning this blog, I began a raw food diet, I have had a hard time with it but have recently started back 100% and I am committed to it...but I still love cooking and baking!
I work full time as an assistant pastry chef, (damn I wish I was the head), and it is a fantastic place to work. I can experiment with new formulas that I find or fudge around with ingredients to see what becomes of it, so fun! I love the science behind baking and the flavor structure and textures of both aspects. I was trained at the former Connecticut Culinary Institute (now Lincoln), buy the amazing Chef Lynn Johnson. I wish I knew her information nowadays because she moved to Florida and I don't get a chance to stay in contact.
When it comes to raw eating I pretty much stick to the bare minimum...meaning I only eat fruits and veggies, salad, goat cheese!(love it!) and other random raw surprises I find along the way. If I had a few extra bucks I'd be trying the recipes I have in this friggen sweet book I have, The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalie Rose. Wicked awesome book! For the month and a half I was really hardcore I lost a good amount of weight* and felt flipping amazing! I had had bowel issues(I know TMI) and after that, none! In no way shape or form am I, or could ever be, a vegetarian! Its not for me, I'm not into it. (Sushis raw, does that count:) Though I will say this, I have a problem, an addiction if you will, no it's no chocolate(eff chocolate), or crack(sorry dad), it is bread.
The smell of yeast rising! The cell structure! The way it needs to live before becoming what it is! The tons of varieties and all the flavors! I am a sick sick woman because I ain't kidding you when I say I have two different kinds rising, getting all sorts of happy and sexy in the kitchen right now! I am a fiend. My love of bread began when as a child, I was more content then a cucumber to eat bread out at dinner than that incredible Veal Parmesan! At Thanksgiving forget that damn turkey, hand me a roll and the stuffing and I am all good. Bread is my drug, it soothes my stresses and slaps a silly little smile on my big face.
Oh snap, I can't wait til its done! SO, anywho my main purpose for this blog is a number of reasons but all in all I am trying to spread the good word about not just food but stuff in general! Since the stroke of midnight of 2010 it has been my goal to begin a new, more exciting, no holding back, life for myself and dagnabit if I haven't been kicking ass at that already! I will shortly be beginning a weekly food vlog on my youtube channel, in the vlog I will be going to and critiquing local restaurants and other random eateries, as well keeping with my regular vlogs about my silly little life. If you happen to have a soul or heart please go subscribe! SO along with my channel I will leave you with the links for the breads I am making right now. Peace out boy scouts! www.youtube.com/user/pdizzlerocks. http://blisstree.com/eat/homemade-kalamata-olive-bread/
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Syrian-Bread/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. *I lost lots of weight due to the fact I was eating raw as well as working out 5-6 times a week so just a tid bit it is not an easy way out diet, it is very hard to get used to if you are not a healthy eater already, which I was and continue to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef Lynne is now at the Hartford Campus of LCI. I have her right now (:

    ReplyDelete