Thursday, April 22, 2010

So my job rocks and the perfect "I don't know how to cook but want to impress you" meal


I had a revelation today! Alert the media! My job is better than 90% of you...assuming there are three of you, that would make me happy. ANYIMSOEFFINGHUNGRYANDRUNNINGONFUMESWAY, I was at the workski today having a chit chat with the Sous Chef about working and crap, talking about working rather than doing so! yay for productivity! I said that if I could stand the hours I'd be an all around chef rather than just a pastry biotch because I truly love cooking but also enjoy my afternoons. He mentioned his envy of my schedule, little does he know I make my own, because I get to be out of work by 1 or 2 having completed a nine of ten hour shift with an entire afternoon for enjoyment!
My schedule does have it's down side, like for instance when all my bitches and hoes are out on the prowl and I pull the, "Aw hey guys I know it's only nine but I have to go to bed, I've got work at four am". Yea wicked lame but hey I choose to do so! But! The reason my job is better is this, while some people are at work pounding their hands, fists, heads, whatever on their desks I am in the bakery creating mouth orgasms! Tell me what is better than working with your hands all day surrounded by the wonderful smells and tastes of a kitchen while getting instant gratification from making something with your hands that makes people smile?! Seriously it is an amazing feeling when you have the ambition to actually wake up at 3:30am and go to work and not be miserable about how tired you may be! Now if only there was a way to make this happen for everyone......bummer, unless everyone gets a job as a baker. Nah I'm not in a sharing mood sorry kids.
I struggled today with my rawtastic eating....I had a small crumb of chocolate cake! I know the end of the world right? I am so hard on myself it's sickening. I have been doing so well and last night was no exception. This is the perfect way to impress a hoe if you're stuck making them dinner. BARELY ANY COOKING!!! Also this can manipulated to include anything you want!
Start by getting any of these things:
Feta cheese
Hummus
Marinated olives
tomato
english cucumber
yelllow, orange, or red pepper
naan bread or pita
sirlion, chicken, or any meat just make sure it's marinated or do so when you get home
And add anything else you want!
Grill then cut your meats, cut up your veggies, platter everything up with some wine and instantly you have a gourmet tapas platter that is healthy and delicious!
If I was going to some dudes house for the first time and thats what he had for dinner I would be sold! Seriously guys try it next time you have a lady friend coming over, and if she doesn't like it punch her in the mouth she's not good enough for you.
Well that'll be it for me for now, I've been busy sorry for the lame blogs! I love you all, be jealous of that amazing picture, eat something delicious and tell me about it!

4 comments:

  1. so just saying my job is prob better than urs because after the 10 hr shift i get to stand in front of a big ass grill for 4 more hours and serve the food i make to people while making fun of the waitrons while they be in weeds and since i've been thinking about this moment for hours when the people come in and its my food that is gonna make there first date great or there anniversary blessed something that a baker never will experience, working a line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate 72 % chocolate at 10:30 in the morning and I don't feel bad:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha wow, somebody obviously doesn't get sarcasm. I was just having gee golly I sure do love my job moment and thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's be clear on something here grillman. I'm a chef at a high end restaurant. Not only do I find myself in the weeds but I find myself in the s@#t cooking and plating very difficult recipes. A grillman? Please. Try cooking an entire menu with only you and 1 other cook for backup and we can talk about hating on pastry chefs. And whoopty-do. You get busy at night. That doesn't make anyone the end all be all of the restaurant world. 86 your attitude against the pastry side of the line. Also, I know this lady and she could most likely cook your ass under the table, be it a cake or a steak. In yo' face sucka.

    ReplyDelete