Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Weekend for Eating, and Car Hiking!

So right now I am having a rare moment, it's Sunday morning, Tim is not home before he would usually be awake, and I am not at the gym or doing something of moderate productivity. It is making me nervous...but I am watching Beauty and the Beast! Don't judge me, I cannot help something that has such a warm place in my heart:)
The weekend hasn't been completely useless though! Tim and I invented this nifty little activity a few years ago when we wanted to get out of the house and see new things, CAR HIKING! It's fun, not as fun as real hiking which we do a ton of, but it allows us to "get lost" in the northern part of the pioneer valley, see the amazing scenery and fall into fun shops and delicious food. Yesterday we traveled up Rt. 116 all the way up to Conway which a beautiful drive and stumbled our way to Shelburne Falls. We go there very often it just happens to be one of our favorite places:) We poked around Lamson Sharpe and the town a little bit with out eating a thing! Which is odd because the falls have great eateries.
I figured we had a ton of food at home why buy anything? I had this crazy "salad" Oh snap it was so good! Avocado, cucumber, tomato, tuna, hummus, my last little bit of goat cheese, and I ate it on alfalfa sprout bread. It may sound odd but man oh man it was so good! Makes up for the fact that I had a hot dog for dinner....don't judge me! haha!
Tim is on his way to a swap meet, which to me spells out terrible beer and solidified grease that has been shaped and colored to look like food....eff that. He always get mad sick when he comes home from those things. I am proud of him though, he is starting to realize eating better makes you feel better..WHOA! NO WAY! Yoou mean to tell me that if I stop eating pure grease I'll feel better? Weird! Haha he's cute. So anywho, I woke up at the crack of dawn to make him some of my awesome egg salad on rosemary olive oil bread.
Its quite simple, hard boil your eggs...I did six, 7 minutes boil 5 minutes off the heat, covered. When the eggs at peeled cut them in half and put all the yolks in a bowl with enough mayo, GOOD honey mustard, jack daniels makes good stuff, dill, paprika, and pepper. Mix all of that into a love dressing that would be so good on its own but an artery clogger fo sho. Cut up the whites and mix all of that up to get happy. Put on bread and there you have something that would kick soggy french fires ass anyday!
He turns into a small child when he taste something he really likes, giggles and kind of dances haha! But alas until this evening I will be secluded to eating my fruits and veggies, I dont mind but I am in the mood to cook. I am sure I will manage to get back into the kitchen today, that egg salad was just the beginning to a day of delicious discoveries. Now if you don't mind I will be getting back to my movie. Until the next blog kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment