Thursday, April 15, 2010

A day in the life of my eating habits.

So my day begins at the ass crack of dawn(because dawn has one of those). I roll out of bed at 3:30am....seriously kids if you know someone that thinks being a baker is cake(no pun intended), it is not! early and long hours, but I will not complain about getting out between 1 and 2 pm because I get to see beautiful days and you don't :-P. Anyways when I stumble into work at 4am I start the fryolator and have myself some french fries, then I rummage around the walk-ins and usually find some pretty good stuff, prime rib, guiness stew, calamari. And thats just first breakfast! At about 6am I'm jonesin for something sweet so I go the pancake route and make a stack of about 6 and cover it in butter and maple syrup....a couple mini éclairs and I should be all set until about 10-11am. Mark (Mr. Boss Man) Is usually whipping up a pizza or some random goulash of deliciousness he finds in the walk-in, so I'll nosh on that for a while until I decided it's time for a BLT grinder and whatever the chef that day is preparing for the days events, beef, chicken, haddock, etc. Muffin tops are done by this point and I'll grab a chocolate chip and one of the specials. When I leave work I'll come home grab a couple beers plop down on the couch and munch on so doritos for a while until I crave the ben and jerrys dublin mudslide in the freezer, usually the whole pint. Something small and light for dinner, an eight mac and cheese casserole with side of rice pilaf, thats healthy right?
So that pretty much sums up my daily meal plan, see you tomorrow!


Oh my heck, my stomach just jumped out of my mouth slapped me upside the face and said,"I quit this bitch" at the very thought of a day of eating like that. I think the sadest part is that that isn't to far off from what a good chunk of people in America are eating on a daily basis. It hurts my brain. But fo realsies I'll tell you the truth and it is much less painful.
Because I am on a raw food diet and the sensitivity of my stomach lately I learned that I need to space my eating apart based on what I am eating. To sum it up, most foods do not sit well together in your stomach, ex. An orange with toast. The orange is very acidic and will ferment in your stomach if not allowed to digest properly on its own. When you add the bread, which has yeast already, that orange mixed with that bread will create the fermentation and in turn you feel bloated and unsatisfied. So when I eat I never eat fruits with anything, not even each other.
I'll start with a banana an hour for three hours just to keep me until seven when I will drink a Green Goodness Smoothie by Bolthouse Farms, it has every essential you need to stay healthy! After allowing that to digest for about and hour I will have a pint of blackberries. At about 11:30 I will start to get really hungry and I will make a big salad, spring mix with spinach, no iceberg. The starring roles in most of my salads are half an avocado, half an english cucumber, two tomatoes(which technically are fruit but shut it), and goat cheese. A splash of rosemary garlic dressing and I am all set! The avocado adds and extra creaminess along side the goat cheese and it is very satisfying and filling.
I do get a little snack hungry when I come home from the gym at 3 so I'll nibble on some baby carrots or a little 85% dark chocolate and sunflower butter. Dinner time is a little more flexible because you can eat heavier and be ok, between dinner and breakfast is the longest down time you stomach gets to digest so if you have a craving for steak have it just try ot eat grass fed locally raised meats and what not. Tonight I'm thinking of some balsamic roasted veg paninis with goat cheese and whole wheat ciabatta! Yummmmmmmolicious bobs.
So obviously I change things up from day to day in order not to get bored or bad cravings like pancakes haha! I really enjoy this way of eating and living it's much for fulfilling to me to know what I am putting into my body is all natural unscathed by human hands. From local farmers to my stomach. Its very delicious when you start playing around with the raw food recipes, they can be difficult but so good.
I hope this was informative! Until next blog eat something delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment