Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Zumbatastic

I finally tried Zumba! Yea it was a lot of fun fo sho. But I must say I had my doubts for a while and it was a pretty valid reason why. I saw a ton of women raving about this magically dance of the gods and how much of a great work out it was, but I never saw a change in their eating habit or clothing size so I only saw it as a lazy man's workout. Come to find out these women were only going once every other week, the eat habits thing was just annoying, if you don't eat better your work out is counterproductive. That was a while ago though and since then I hadn't heard anything else about zumba so I forgot about it.
Until two week ago when I was at an Athenas party and the goddess and one of the attendees was raving about it! So I tried it last night, and I gots to tell you it was so fun. Yes it was a workout and a damn good one too! I go to the gym every damn day and I love it but I think I have hit a plateau, I even managed to gain weight!? What the french? I started a new routine last week and have been seeing small results but now I think I have finally figured it out. If I can incorporate my raw diet, 5 miles of running 6 times a week, my new fitness routine and zumba three times a week I'll be golden!
I know that might sound like a lot to some people but I have been working my ass off for a year and a half to get to this level of fitness. If you've known me for a long time you'll know I was never one to work out, I couldn't run, I didn't strength train, all I did was hike a couple days a week. I am so friggen stoked that I am at this level now! I never saw it happening, not in a million years had I pictured myself being this active!
So yes, the class its self is like this...wait I should ask a few questions first, do you like dancing? do you like yelling and getting pumped? do you like swinging your hips and feeling sexy? ok if you answered yes I think you'll be into it. The warm up all on it's own was a phenomenal workout, a lot of twisting and shaking. You immediately begin to sweat, it's awesome. Each song has a workout to go with the rhythm and beat, it's aerobic and cardio and so fun! It's an hour long class but it goes so fast. You sweat like a machine but your entire body feels the workout and it's adrenaline, I wanted to keep shakin' my groove thang.
I highly suggest you try it if the gym is lame to you, if you need a quick hour of fun out of the house, and if you like to have fun:)
Don't worry bitches there'll be a foodie blog later in the day, I have only eaten a banana so you don't want a whole blog about that! Peace out girl scout

No comments:

Post a Comment