Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Isn't we supposed to be having a fiesta?!

Mhm, thats right kids, it is Mexican Tuesday! Grab your sombreros and salsa all the way to the main course.
Oops was that stereotypical? My bad. I am just craving the zesty and fresh flavors of any Spanish cuisine. I cannot help but notice how that urge has become more frequent...could it be due to the fact that I literally live in Puerto Rico?............What? whoa, whoa, so you're telling me that I DON'T live there...I am so confused, I just looked out my window and I swear to the trees I am there. Huh...I live in Holyoke? MASSACHUSETTS?!?! What the French Toast? Wow ok well I guess I am just weird and get urges for south of the boarder/island food for no reason....moving on!
Beans, oh you sweet little beans...Black, garbanzo, kidney, all of you are my life and blood. No for real though for a person on a raw food diet beans are an essential ingredient! I have contemplated eating only beans before, crazy? No way man I love em. Not as much as bread but I could make the sacrifice for a while. Beans are so versatile, they contribute so much depth to food, more so when its a raw diet. And I mean come on! Grabanzo's make hummus! Whats not to love about that?! Also you know the old saying, beans beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you.....play the flute? no that can't be right.
SO! Are ya wonderin' what I'm makin'? Huh are ya? Oh your not...fine then have a good night!






Nah I kid of course you want to know because you love me! Just nod make me happy.
So tonight on the menu we have(what I am calling) Chili-Lime Chicken Breast with Fiesta Rice! I know it is an amazing name, I am so imaginative. hahaha I kid. SO yup I made a nice little marinade of chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne, fresh squeezed lime juice and two seeded and pureed jalapeƱos. Threw the kids in the pool(The chicken is the kid), and right now they are getting happy swimming around in there absorbing all the love. For the rice I'm going to roasted some corn, a red pepper and jalapeƱo then chop it all down to corn size and cook it with the brown rice, saffron, and other random loveys I add when I get to that point. Grill the chicken, slice it then pile it high atop a bed of rice topped with some tomato and sliced quacamole. mMmmmmmmmm! Cannot wait until Tim get home it's going to be gooooood!
Maybe for dessert I'll munch on some of my super dark Green&Blacks 85% chocolate, it'll blend well with the spice and zest of dinner.
Now if only I had a margarita.....Oh sigh...Well bitches and hoes until next time eat something delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... you know I love me some beans!!!

    ReplyDelete